About Chicken Meat
Lean chicken meat is a good source of low-fat protein. To improve on the recipe below try using skinless chicken thighs, to avoid the fat found in the skin. When possible choose fresh chicken over frozen chicken, to avoid any preservatives they might have added.
Chicken meat is packed with phosphorus and selenium that are good for your bones and in reducing the effects of ageing. Chicken also has vitamin B-3 (niacin) and vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) that are good for your heart, and vitamin B-5 (panthothenic acid) that is known to reduce the harmful effects of stress.
Chicken meat has a long list of minerals that will help boost your immune system. Chicken also has alot of zinc, which helps regulate testosterone levels in men.
- boneless chicken thighs
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- minced fresh basil
- grated lemon zest
- prepare a raw garlic and ginger paste using a pestle and a mortar, or just chop up finely on a chopping board
- marinate the chicken in the garlic and ginger paste, honey, olive oil, lemon zest and balsamic vinegar for 4-6 hours
- season the raw chicken on both sides with salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill to a high temperature and grill the chicken on both sides
- once cooked add the fresh basil and serve hot with your choice of fresh or roasted vegetables