Calories Per 100g
1 Medium Bowl
Total Cooking Time
0 Hours 15 minutes
Something about Chickpeas
Chickpeas are a healthy plant based food (a type of legume), they are often referred to as Garbanzo beans or the Egyptian pea. Chickpeas are packed with protein and fibre, have a low fat content and can be included in many recipes and can form an important part of your weight loss program.
Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
Chickpeas are rich in Vitamin B6, Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Folate (Vitamin B9) and they are also rich in Minerals including Mangenese, Zinc and Phosphorus.
About this Dip
#quick #healthy #yummy #versatile #superfood are some of the hashtags normally associated with this amazing dip. Chop up some raw veggies like carrots, cucumbers,celery or coloured peppers and dip away.
Hummus is not only versatile because of the wide range of variation one can do to it, but also because it can be used to complement and enhance so many other dishes.
- 265g Drained Chickpeas
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 50ml Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves (add for Basal hummus)
- 150g Beetroot (add for beetroot hummus)
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt (add for beetroot hummus)
- Peel garlic and mix in food processor.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and continue blending.
- Add Beetroot and plain yogurt to the above for beetroot hummus.
- Add Basil to the above for basil hummus.