Weight Loss APPs help us to control calorie intake, diet plan as well as track exercise and workouts. Statistics from the Center for the Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) show that in 2013–2016, 49.1% of U.S. adults tried to lose weight in the last 12 months. If you don’t know, that’s nearly half of the entire population of adults in the United States.
Since the American Obesity Society declared obesity as a disease in 2008, individuals have doubled up their efforts to keep a healthy weight. This has pushed many to go in search for weight loss applications to keep them on track in their weight loss journey.
This trend has made us to do extensive research on weight loss apps and have come up with explicit reviews on three of the most used weight loss apps.
- Download link: WW Weight Watchers
- Rating: 4.4 star
Are you looking to lose weight in ways which won’t take you out of your own body? You want to lose weight in the most natural way possible? Then you’ve got to stick with WW Weight Watchers. With this amazing app, all you need to do is do you! Yeah, just be yourself! This amazing app has got the ability to match you with a personalized weight loss plan that suits you in almost every way. Just give the app some time to know you and the personal assessment science backed tool will scientifically match you with your own personal plan.
Addtionallly, the updated version of this app gives you the opportunity to track your weight loss goals. Knowing that the main success of your weight loss campaigns is not from how well you started out, but from how well you maintain your momentum, this app provides you with tools to assist you in your nutrition, movement, mindset, mediation and sleep.
Ranked number one “Best Diet for Weight Loss”, for the eleventh year in a row, by U.S. News & World Report, this amazing app offers a host of unique benefits. These benefits include:
- Personalized Budget and Food List: The personalized SmartPoints® Budget and ZeroPoint™ food list will help you incorporate better food choices into your diet and lose weight comfortably. With the “What’s in Your Fridge?” tool in the recent update, you get to have diet recommendations on the basis of what you’ve got at home. They’ve also got an amazing database of over five hundred food items so you won’t have to go through so much struggles finding what you need.
- Activity Dashboard: The activity dashboard keeps you updated with your weekly goals and milestones.
- Excellent tracking features: The updated version of the WW Weight Watchers app boasts of new tracking features such as weekly check-in, progress reports, action plans, sleep tracking, nutrition tracking, movement tracking and weight tracking. The sleep tracking is especially amazing because it offers scientifically proven strategies for better sleep-wake cycles and bedtime routines.
- Mindset: The Weight Watchers founders have partnered with one of the pioneers and leaders in the meditation world, Headspace®. They understand that mindset is a major part of the weight loss journey and have ensured this partnership to keep you at the top of your game.
- Download link: Noom: Health and Weight
- Rating: 4.5 star
Looking to cut down on some fat and get healthy? Let the Noom app train you psychologically for the results you desire. Unlike other weight-loss apps, it’s not just eat less food and do more activities. With Noom, things are quite different. The experts at Noom understand that the brain plays a major role in weight loss and so they have placed psychology as a core aspect of their weight loss programs.
With a series of 10 psychologically based weight loss mini courses, you can kick-start your weight loss journey with Noom.
With each mini course, you’ll be exposed to insights, tools and skills to train your psychology and improve your habits to make tremendous progress in your weight loss journey.
Each course further include:
- Over a million database of food to make food logging easy. There’s also a database of about 1 million scanable barcodes and hundreds of easy recipes.
- A personalized coaching to suit your personal needs.
- More than 1000 interactive weight loss lessons.
- A pool of supportive and interactive community members.
With Noom, you really don’t have to skip meals daily to maintain a healthy weight, neither do you need to cut on your carbs or go on that strict ketone diet. It’s all about mindset mastery for Noom. If you can tune your psychology to lose weight, then you can and will lose weight!
After your experience with Noom and you go through each course meticulously and judiciously, you would have had a good set of brilliant eating habits and a positive psyche to keep you on top of your weight loss journey. You’ll also earn the Noom Master title.
- Download link: Loseit App
- Rating: 4.6
Looking to lose weight by mainly planning your dieting? Then Lose It has got to be on your top list. The Lose It app helps you keep track of your calories and food diary. Its calorie counter can help you stick to your diet objectives to ensure your achieve your weight loss goals.
With this app, you can keep track of your diet, eating habit, calorie intake and exercises.
Other unique benefits of this app include:
- Barcode scanner: This allows you to scan over a million food from their large database to keep track of your diet plan.
- Snap It: What’s amazing is that with this app you can even log the food you’re eating by just quicky taking a photo of the food. There’s a camera icon for food tracking in the app.
- Track Nutrients: Apart from tracking just your calorie intake, you could also track your protein intake, water and sugar intake. You can also track your sleep cycles.
Having reviewed these weight loss apps, we believe making your choice won’t have to be difficult anymore. Get one of these weight loss apps and get started with your weight loss journey.